Either way, all you need is curiosity and a love of arpg’s. I would suggest getting a little experience under your belt before reading everything first. Having practical experience will help you have a better understanding of the context within which all other advice will be given.
If you want to ignore that advice, get Neversink’s loot filter and install it. Pick a class archetype you usually enjoy and do a search for class builds for patch 3.2. Then just play and follow the build. Searching for things like “starter” build or “cheap” build will help as a new player.
For beginner’s research, watch all of Engineering Eternity’s beginner videos. He has a long and really well produced series for newcomers.
To start theorycrafting your builds, use Path of Building or PoB, though it’ll make more sense when you have a character to import and mess around with.
Use the following sites:
- PoE.trade to buy items
- PoE.ninja to track currency and item value trends
- Poelab.com for lab layouts
- Poeplanner.com to track your build’s passive tree
- POEMate for an app that lets you track your passive tree
- Vorici chromatic calculator for coloring sockets
- Currency cop for tracking your wealth
- poelab’s compass companion overlay for uber lab farming
Also, a easy way for you to gain poe orbs fast is to poe orbs buy on U4GM. If you want to buy cheapest orbs, just make sure to spare some time to join in our site.